Rural island life
Private Tours only
1-3 persons: from 120€
4-8 persons: from 60€
If you’re an enthusiast of local flavors and the Mediterranean cuisine, you’re going to love this tour. Naxos is famous for its gastronomy and even grows some of its fruits in its fertile midst. Take a riverside tour among picturesque communities and villages lying along running waters and marvel at the traditional way of life in the countryside. Walk through beautiful gardens full of fruit-bearing trees, see for yourself what ‘farm to fork’ really means, and rediscover man’s intricate dependence on nature for sustenance, far away from the mechanics of mass production. Finish off the tour with a local treat in a traditional coffee shop. This 3-hour walk by the river will take you through stone-paved paths that make it suitable for all ages. You might come across muddy parts in the rainier season.
If you’re an enthusiast of local flavors and the Mediterranean cuisine, you’re going to love this tour. Naxos is famous for its gastronomy and even grows some of its fruits in its fertile midst. Take a riverside tour among picturesque communities and villages lying along running waters and marvel at the traditional way of life in the countryside. Walk through beautiful gardens full of fruit-bearing trees, see for yourself what ‘farm to fork’ really means, and rediscover man’s intricate dependence on nature for sustenance, far away from the mechanics of mass production. Finish off the tour with a local treat in a traditional coffee shop.
This 3-hour walk by the river will take you through stone-paved paths that make it suitable for all ages. You might come across muddy parts in the rainier season.
4+ hours (plus the driving time 1+h)
Approximately 8:30 AM.
Comfortable clothing, hiking or training shoes, hat and backpack
• Flexible starting time
• Certified guide/narrator
• Guided tour around included sights and spots of interest
• Bottled water, bio local refreshment and snacks
• A free meal with various meze dishes of local gastronomy in a “farm-to-table” village tavern, plus drinks
• All taxes
• Personal expenses
DeparturePlease arrive by 9:15 AM for a prompt departure at 9:30 AM.
Departure TimeApproximately 8:30 PM.
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and warm jacket.
Points of interest
A river crossing an area of land in the center of the island has created a unique landscape and brought wealth to the inhabitants of the Potamia Villages. Three villages were built along the river and people covered the area with terraces, in which grow all kind of fruits and vegetables. A unique rural beauty enriched with flowers and fragrances will offer you a feast for all your senses.
- When can we hike: From April to November, you book your tour the most convenient date of your trip. We recommend the most suitable starting time regarding the hike’s duration and the weather conditions (temperature, wind, etc).
- Transportation: As long as we must follow COVID-19 health protocols, transfer from your accommodation and return back, can be arranged from us with an extra cost. Transfers are conducted by taxi or a minivan.
- Food & Drink: We recommend that you have a good breakfast at your hotel prior to the tour. We provide bottle water, bio refreshment and snacks of local products. We also provide a complementary meal in some of our tours. Experience – Preparation: No hiking experience is required, however you should be in good physical condition and have no hindering medical issues; you should also carry with you any medication might have been prescribed. Hiking shoes or training shoes (e.g. running shoes) are required in the hikes. Generally, hiking/training shoes are recommended. Preferably you should have a backpack. Hats and sun-protection lotion are always necessary, long sleeve t-shirts are preferred. Inform us about allergies, injuries or any other health issues that need to be attended.
- Safety: Naxos Trekking tours are designed with participant’s safety in mind. Participants are given individual attention. Our guides have long hiking experience and are fully First Aid and CPR certified. During any given tour, a Medical Associate from Diagnostiki Naxou is always on standby duty for any medical or other emergencies. If you are over 70 years or if you had a recent medical issue, please be sure that you have already consulted your doctor, prior to your booking arrangement.
Terms & ConditionsThese conditions are valid from 1.6.2016 These Terms and Conditions govern the relationship between you (the Guest) and us, Naxos Trekking (the Company). By booking a tour, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. They outline, among other points, our cancellation policy and certain limitations of liability. These terms affect your rights to sue forum, and jurisdiction; please be sure to carefully read these terms and make sure you understand your rights and obligations and our rights and obligations. PARTICIPANTS Naxos Trekking reserves the right to refuse participation prior to or during a trip to any individual whose behavior and/or attitude interfere with the general enjoyment and well-being of other tour members and if anyone, participant or Naxos Trekking staff, is endangered by this individual. In case any of the above mentioned happens Naxos Trekking will not be liable to refund or pay any compensations as such. In no case Naxos Trekking is liable to refund for unused services. BOOKING Every customer can choose the date of the hike/tour and the hiking route. Naxos Trekking will confirm the inquiry and will inform about the availability. Every customer should provide correct information at the booking form. When the booking is complete and the deposit is received, the customer will receive a payment confirmation email. RATES All rates are quoted in Euro and include all the taxes. Rates are subject to changes without notice. Clients with a confirmed booking will not pay the difference in case of price increase, Naxos Trekking will not refund in case of price reduction. Gratuity, personal expenses or personal insurance is not included in the rates. Admission to museums and archaeological sites requires an extra cost and it is included in the rates. PAYMENT POLICY An advance full payment of the hike/tour is necessary to book the hike/tour of your preference, paid via Bank money transfer, Paypal or via Credit card. CREDIT CARDS accepted: Visa, Mastercard. IBAN: GR 27 0140 6200 6200 0200 2013 750 In case you cancel your booking, cancellation fees are as follows: CANCELLATION POLICY
- 50% of the total cost of the hike/tour will be refunded, if we are informed: more than 1 week before the hiking date in Low Season more than 2 weeks before the hiking date in High Season
- In case of last minute cancellation (within 48 hours from your tour), non show, not arrive on time on the meeting point, or non complete route on client’s request, the payment is not refunded. Low season: 1st of April to 30th of June & 1st of September to 30th of November High season: 1st of July to 31st of August
- In case of cancellation due to weather conditions or reasons that concern Naxos Trekking Company, your payment will be fully refunded.